Let’s help at the therapeutic garden in Brno
28. - 30.6.2019
Start your summer by volunteering in the non-profit Práh in the South Moravia which helps people with serious mental illness in their integration into everyday life. The first summer Weekend must be enjoyed at full blast.
Last year, we started building a mosaic in Práh, and this year we will finish it. Then, we will paint the fence, finish the podium from the clay, clean the windows and maybe create a new vermicompost. After all this work we will look to Špilberk castle or go swimming in the dam and experience the summer cinema in the garden!
The attendance fee is 300 CZK. What will this price cover?
- food (except for the Friday dinner)
- accommodation in a hunter’s cabin
- ticket for traveling there with the whole group (from Prague)– We buy the tickets from the meeting point to the Weekend location, the rest of them will be reimbursed, you just need to keep your tickets
- health and liability insurance
- event organizing and other related costs
- lots of fun, new friends and amazing experiences, which are priceless : )
Everybody pays his/her ticket for the way back. We advise you to always try to come to the group departure meeting and inform when the group returns, or at least try to travel with some of the people that will participate.
Check out all the terms and conditions for attending the meeting.
The participation fee:
The basic fee for the Weekend is 300 CZK, which covers the minimum cost of organizing the event. In case you want to support our activity and contribute more, you can increase your fee by any amount. Thank you.
- must be sent to our transparent bank account 2600956785/2010
- the variable symbol for the payment is 132019
- write your full name in the message for the recipient
- we have to receive the payment within 3 working days starting with the day we received your application
- please read the cancellation policy carefully
MEETING POINT & TRANSPORT: We meet on Friday, June 28th, at the Main train station in Prague in front of ZOOT shop, at 16:30, please be on time. The train leaves at 16:50 to Brno (arrival at 19:22), we need 15 more minutes by public transport to get directly to Prah.
RETURN: Sunday, June 30th, most probably at 14:37 by a direct train to Prague, where we arrive at 17:07.
ADDRESS OF THE PROJECT: Tuřanská 12, Brno.
ACCOMMODATION: We will sleep and will have a “base” in a room which belongs to a daycare center. You will definitely need a sleeping bag and a sleeping pad.
FOOD: On Friday evening we will have our own dinner, so do not forget to bring some tasty food that we will share. The organization will arrange the food for the rest of the project. There are a kitchen and a fridge for our usage and there is a local shop situated nearby (and open over the weekend) too.
WHAT TO BRING: Take your own sleeping bag and sleeping pad, slippers, good WORK clothes that can get dirty (depends on weather) and WORK shoes. Also pack good mood, games (if you enjoy playing) and a dinner for Friday.
CONTACT: In case you have a question please contact the coordinator Bára at vikendy(at)tamjdem.cz, 604 370 797.
We are looking forward to meeting you!