Let’s clean butterfly’s reservation
For the first Weekend this year, we are heading once again to the NGO Protection of the Fauna of Czech Republic, which does activities to rescue wounded and endangered animals. The NGO also takes care of “Motýlárium” – which serves as butterfly reservation, helping to prevent the butterflies from extinction in the landscape.
This location is historically known for the appearance of many species of steppe fauna and flora and without adequate care, this place is overgrown with trees, what makes animals disappear from there. Two years ago, we removed the self-seeded trees there, last year we restored the grazing of goats, sheep and ponies and now it is time to revitalize the butterfly reservation and „Motýlárium“- a house for butterflies.
WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO THERE?
The main task will be gardening work on the buttefly steppe and butterfly habitats (especially weeding, mowing, pruning vegetation etc.), painting the perimeter walls and a lot of other work on outdoor and indoor butterfly localities.
The attendance fee is 500 CZK for adults and 350 CZK for students. What will this price cover?
- food (except for the Friday dinner)
- ticket for traveling there with the whole group (from Prague)– We buy the tickets from the meeting point to the Weekend location, the rest of them will be reimbursed, you just need to keep your tickets
- health and liability insurance
- event organizing and other related costs
- lots of fun, new friends and amazing experiences, which are priceless : )
Everybody pays his/her ticket for the way back. We advise you to always try to come to the group departure meeting and inform when the group returns, or at least try to travel with some of the people that will participate. Check out all the terms and conditions for attending the meeting.
The basic fee covers the minimum cost of organizing the event. In case you want to support our activity and contribute more, you can increase your fee by any amount. Thank you.
- The fee 350 CZK or 500 CZK must be sent to our transparent bank account 2600956785/2010
- the variable symbol for the payment is 12020
- write your full name in the message for the recipient
- we have to receive the payment within 3 working days starting with the day we received your application
- please read the cancellation policy carefully
MEETING POINT & TRANSPORT: We will meet on Friday, June 5th in Prague. The exact place and time will be specified.
RETURN: On Sunday, June 7th, in the afternoon hours, we return to Prague.
ADDRESS OF THE PROJECT: Zámecká 810, 259 01 Votice
ACCOMMODATION: We will sleep in a dayroom, on the floor (the house is in the area of NGO). Therefore, please bring your sleeping bag and mat. There are regular toilets and shower in the house, as well as tiny kitchen.
FOOD: On Friday evening we will have our own dinner, so do not forget to bring some tasty food that we will share. The organization will arrange the food for the rest of the project.
WHAT TO BRING: Take slippers, sleeping bag, mat, good work clothes that can get dirty (depends on weather) and work shoes. Also pack good mood, games (if you enjoy playing) and a dinner for Friday.
CONTACT: In case you have a question please contact the Weekends coordinator Zuzka at vikendy(at)tamjdem.cz, 605 173 740.
We are looking forward to meeting you!