Discover life in a community villa
5. - 7.4.2019
THIS WEEKEND EVENT IS ALREADY FULL. IF YOU WISH TO APPLY AS A SUBSTITUTE (ON THE WAITING LIST), USE THE BUTTON BELOW. IN CASE SOMEONE CANCELLS THEIR ATTENDANCE, WE WILL CONTACT YOU.
Join this Tamjdem weekend and get to understand the life in a community of people who are a bit disadvantaged but their joy and positive attitude simply inspires you and makes you genuinely happy. You will also have a chance to ask the assistants about their work and the founders of the place about their visions.
And last but not least we will learn about the Villa’s history (a masterpiece of secession architecture) and of course about the rich history of the organization as such!
We have been to Villa Vallila many times before and we enjoyed all the weekends very much. After the manual work, that we did together with the clients and assistants of the organization, we went for a walk in the surroundings or relaxed around the huge community table talking or playing games…The super friendly atmosphere in the Villa is just magical!
The main work task planned for this weekend is planting trees in the nearby forest. Last year, the trees had to be cut down because they were infested with parasites. For this reason, the help of every volunteer is crucial for the restoration of the forest.
MEETING POINT & TRANSPORT: We will meet at the Main train station in Prague in front of the shop ZOOT on Friday 5th of April at 16:35. Please come on time. The train leaves at 16:55. We will arrive to Červený Újezd at 18:26.
RETURN: On Sunday, 7th of May, we will take a train at 14:31 and will get to Prague Main train station at 16:22
ADDRESS OF THE PROJECT: Villa Vallila, Červený Újezd 32, Benešov
ACCOMMODATION: In rooms with beds or on mattresses. There will be shower, toilet and hot water. Please bring your own sleeping bag.
FOOD: On Friday evening we will have our own dinner, so do not forget to bring some tasty food that we will share. The organization will arrange the food for the rest of the project.
WHAT TO BRING: Slippers, sleeping bag, good WORK clothes that can get dirt and WORK shoes (depends on weather – you might need both waterproof). Also pack good mood, games (if you enjoy playing) and a dinner for Friday.
CONTACT: In case you have a question please contact the coordinator Barbora – vikendy(at)tamjdem.cz, 604 370 797.
The attendance fee is 300 CZK. What does it cover?
- food (except for the Friday dinner)
- ticket for traveling there with the whole group (from Prague)– We buy the tickets from the meeting point to the Weekend location, the rest of them will be reimbursed, you just need to keep your tickets
- health and liability insurance
- event organizing and other related costs
- lots of fun, new friends and amazing experiences, which are priceless : )
Everybody pays his/her ticket for the way back. We advise you to always try to come to the group departure meeting and inform when the group returns, or at least try to travel with some of the people that will participate.
Check out all the terms and conditions for attending the meeting.
The participation fee of 300 CZK:
- must be sent to our transparent bank account 2600956785/2010
- the variable symbol for the payment is 042019
- write your full name in the message for the recipient
- we have to receive the payment within 3 working days starting with the day we received your application
- please read the cancellation policy carefully
We are looking forward to meeting you!