Help with renovation of the independent cultural center
22. - 24.3.2019
The independent project of the Farmstudio Cultural Center is located in the Kokořínsko Protected Landscape Area in the unique premises of a former farmhouse from the early 19th century. It has not been used and therefore decayed for many years. Farmstudio members are doing their best to bring it back to life, even with the help of volunteers. Under the hands of skilled people, it slowly but surely turns to the center of culture, just a few kilometers from Prague.
WHAT WILL WE DO DURING THE WEEKEND?
We will do different types of reconstruction work: landscaping, we will try masonry work, renovation, painting or grinding. Since the start of full operation of the cultural center depends on completion of the site preparation, our help at this point is crucial. Due to the character of the weekend, we are looking for physically strong volunteers who can do even harder work. 🙂
There are several attractions in Farmstudio and nearby that we can explore during work and leisure time. You can enjoy a spiritual relaxation on site with a unique atmosphere of Kokořínsko Protected Landscape Area. In the evening we can sit by the campfire and prepare some delicious dinner. In the free time, we can also go to nature, visit nearby castle, or attend a thematic photography workshop. There is also a gallery of contemporary art and a confectioner’s with its own art gallery in the village.
The attendance fee is 300 CZK. What will this price cover?
- food (except for the Friday dinner)
- simple accommodation
- ticket for traveling there with the whole group (from Prague)– We buy the tickets from the meeting point to the Weekend location, the rest of them will be reimbursed, you just need to keep your tickets
- health and liability insurance
- event organizing and other related costs
- lots of fun, new friends and amazing experiences, which are priceless : )
Everybody pays his/her ticket for the way back. We advise you to always try to come to the group departure meeting and inform when the group returns, or at least try to travel with some of the people that will participate.
Check out all the terms and conditions for attending the meeting.
THE PARTICIPATION FEE OF 300 CZK:
The basic fee for the Weekend is 300, – which covers the minimum cost of organizing the event. In case you want to support our activity and contribute more, you can increase your fee by any amount. Thank you.
- must be sent to our transparent bank account 2600956785/2010
- the variable symbol for the payment is 022019
- write your full name in the message for the recipient
- we have to receive the payment within 3 working days starting with the day we received your application
- please read the cancellation policy carefully
MEETING POINT & TRANSPORT: On Friday March 22nd, we will meet at the Metro station LÁDVÍ in Prague (upstairs) at 18:20. Please come on time. The BUS is departing at 18:45 to Mělník, where we change to another bus to Vysoká (arriving at 19:51).
RETURN: On Sunday, March 24th. There are 2 options of travel:
1) We will leave from Vysoká village at 15:00 and take a walk to the nearest village Lhotka, which is around 5km away (1 hour walk). From Lhotka, we will take a train to Mělník. From Mělník we take a direct bus to Prague, arriving at 17:45, to Nádraží Holešovice station.
2) We will take a bus from Vysoká at 17:43 to Mělník. From Mělník we will take a bus to Prague (to Ládví station), arriving at 18:53.
We can agree on the mean of transportation during the weekend.
ADDRESS OF THE PROJECT: Vysoká 26, 277 24 Mělník.
ACCOMMODATION: We’ll be accomodated in rooms with beds. There are showers with hot water and toilets. We will also have access to a common room (there are 2 cats living and walking in the common areas).
FOOD: On Friday evening we will have our own dinner, so do not forget to bring some tasty food that we will share. The organization will arrange the food for the rest of the project, but we will help with cooking. The organization prefers vegetarian food (should you have a problem with this type of food, we can make a compromise).
WHAT TO BRING: Take things of personal hygiene (towel, toothbrush,..), good WORK clothes that can get dirty (depends on weather) and WORK shoes. Also pack good mood, games (if you enjoy playing) and a dinner for Friday.
CONTACT: In case you have a question please contact the Weekend coordinator Bára at vikendy(at)tamjdem.cz, 604 370 797.
We are looking forward to meeting you!