Go for weekends!
“DONATE” YOUR TIME…
JOIN THE WORK THAT MATTERS!
- Become an important part of an interesting Czech non-profit organization for just a weekend;
- learn the life in community houses, farms, theaters and others;
- meet extraordinary people from Czech Republic and abroad;
- take a break from mental work by chopping wood, pulling weeds, construction or demolition…;
- travel through the country to places near and far.
VÍKENDOVKY (WEEKENDS) – WHAT IS IT?
VÍKENDOVKY (the translation is more or less just „weekends“) is a volunteer project to help Czech non-profit, non-governmental organizations and community projects. We organize around 20 expeditions each year – every year from February to June, sometimes also during Summer and then again from September to November – normally 3 times a month, from Friday till Sunday evening. There is usually an international group of 6-15 volunteers at the weekends which helps the organization with different manual tasks which were agreed in advance.
- We fulfill some of Tamjdem visions through the Weekends project.
- We connect the Czech non-profit sector with public.
- We contribute to the growth of volunteering, offer opportunity for personal development, intercultural enrichment and priceless practical experiences.
The project Weekends was repeatedly accredited by the Czech Ministry of the Interior (in 2012 and 2014) as a short time volunteer project.
WHERE TO JOIN
- The Weekends are organized together with Czech non-profit organizations and community projects all over the Czech Republic.
- Each project focuses on different area. It´s up to you whether you give a helping hand in community houses for disabled, on farms, at children camps, in herb gardens, a historic monuments or elsewhere.
- Look at the list of all our partner organizations and their focus.
WHO CAN JOIN
- Everybody, who wants to spend his free time on varied meaningful non-profit projects in CR and on promoting the volunteering itself;
- volunteers need to be more than 15 years old (people aged 15-17 need to have a special confirmation from their legal representative);
- you are welcome no matter where you come from. You can come to the project on your own or join us on the way.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- International open group of 6-15 volunteers who usually do not know each other;
- communication in Czech, English and other languages (depending on volunteers);
- busy schedule from Friday evening till Sunday afternoon;
- 8-11 hours of variously demanding manual work (depends on specific project);
- accompanying educational program (a short presentation of the partner organization, walk around, workshop, lecture…)
- accommodation in basic conditions on own sleeping mats, in own sleeping bags, cooking and dining together.
HOW TO JOIN
- Please check out the nearest weekends in the “UPCOMING EVENTS” section.
- Choose according to the focus of the non-profit organization, venue, dates…. Choose, what attracts you.
- Sign in through ON-LINE APPLICATION FORM.
- Before applying please read the TERMS OF PARTICIPATION. You will learn about the practical side of our expeditions- for example what kind of meal, accommodation and transportation you can expect and how to pay the PARTICIPATION FEE – 300 CZK.